You ever wonder how we make a difference in our Community “by supporting each other”. Through these times of uncertainty and pandemic we have stepped up to the plate and hit a home run on supporting each other. So as a THANK YOU from the Perquimans County Chamber of Commerce we are doing $100 dollar challenge. A simple contest to give back to the community. Here is your challenge:
Run dates: Starting December 9, 2020 at 9am in the morning thru December 22 @12pm, a challenge to spend money locally. Drawing will be Facebook Live December 23 @10am
1) Shop local. Businesses are listed below that qualify. All restaurants and retail. We do have some listed that are chambers members but in other areas.
2) Save receipt. Snap a photo with Place, date, and amount showing. You can submit more than one receipt to make the total. Date must be within the contest times and date.
3) Every $100 spent you are entered in a drawing for prizes. (one entry per $100) That is right every $100 spent you are entered for another chance to win.
4) Submissions can be by:
a. Email: Director@perquimanschamber.com
b. Facebook messenger to https://www.facebook.com/PQChamberofCommerce.
c. Make a copy of receipts, put in envelope with your name and number, and drop-in Mail slot at Chamber Building. 118 W Market Street, Hertford, NC 27944.
5) We will not be posting copies of receipts and your purchases are kept confidential. This is just an easy way to show you shopped local.
Do you know what happens when you spend money locally?
Do you know what Small Business and Chain stores do for our economy?
When a consumer buys local, significantly more of that money stays in the community. In fact, one study found that for every $100 spent at a local business, $68 remained in the community with only $43 of each $100 spent at a chain retailer.’ Yes, we all shop chain retailers. Many of these businesses are chamber members, and they are a vital part of any community. And Yes, local small business supports your kiddo’s sports team or school projects. They also volunteer their time and give to nearly every non-profit in this community. So, shop within your county counts towards local support for vital economic resources. Expand our growth and support within your county.
Independent We Stand, small business organization, helps businesses promote locally and keep up with the facts. How much do you put back in your local economy? Small Business are the hub of Perquimans County. Let’s keep it that way. The more you shop local, our economy will grow.
DID YOU Know….
• Small businesses accounted for 65% of all net new jobs over the past 17 years.
• Small businesses employ 77 million Americans.
• 89% of consumers agree that independent businesses contribute positively to local economies.
• Residential neighborhoods served by a successful independent business district gained, on average, 50% more in home values than their citywide markets.
• If independent businesses regained their 1990 market shares, it would create 200,000 new small businesses, generate nearly $300 billion in revenues and employ more than 1.6 million American workers.
• If just half the U.S. employed population spent $50 each month in locally owned independent businesses, it would generate more than $42.6 billion in revenue.
Restaurants/ Bakeries/ Caterers
Bethel Fishing Center
Bout Thyme Kitchen
Brew 2 Rescue Cafe
Captain Bob’s Restaurant and Catering
Dockside Marina at Albemarle Plantation
Larry’s Drive In
The Clubhouse at Albemarle Plantation
The Nicholson House
TNT Grill and catering
Ace Hardware in Hertford
Barley and Vine in Hertford
Bear Claw Gunworks LLC in Hertford
Best Buy Meats in Winfall
Bethel Fishing Center
Busted Knuckles in Hertford Printing and Signs in Hertford
Carolina Trophy and Engraving in Hertford
Country Leisure Pools in Hertford
Coastal Office Equipment in Elizabeth City
Dixie Auto Parts in Hertford
Down Home Sheds in EC in Hertford
Dollar General in Hertford only
Duck Thru in Wnfall only
Family Care Pharmacy
Food Lion in Hertford only
The Hertford Hub in Hertford
Hertford Hardware and Appliances in Hertford
Hertfordshire Antiques and More
Layden’s CB and Dog supply in Hertford
Layden’s Supermarket in Belvidere
Mickeys Sales and Service
New Bold White House Gift shop
Nicholson House and Gift Shop in Belvidere
Sawyers House of Furniture in Elizabeth City
Scott’s Store in Belvidere
Small Town Trendz
Perquimans Art League
Planter’s Ridge Inc
Relax at Albemarle Screenprinting
Tarheel Fireplace and Grill Shop
Sources: Independent we stand webpost, Small Business Administration; Intuit Small Business Innovation Study; American Express OPEN Independent Retail Index; Civic Economics/American Booksellers Assoc., U.S. Dept. of Labor
Sponsors for this Contest: